This Wednesday is National Thrift Shop Day. It's a day to celebrate the benefits and fun of thrift shopping. Thrifters unite!!
Here are some benefits of thrift store shopping:
1. You can discover designer labels at a fraction of the price.
2. You can get great deals on kids' clothes. And we all know how quickly they grow!
3. You can find genuine vintage or antique items.
4. Your DIY-self can go hog wild with all the potential items to makeover or refurbish.
5. You can find items that are no longer made or that you remember from your youth. Stroll down memory lane, anyone?
6. Thrift shopping is environmentally friendly.
7. Often your purchases support a charity.
Here are some local thrift stores in the Hartford County CT area that I recommend:
Second Chance Shops
730 Hebron Avenue, Glastonbury
12 Station Street, Simsbury
I give a more detailed overview of this shop in this post HERE.
The Clothes Horse
175 Park Road, West Hartford
Market Square Thrift Shop
230 Market Square (Rear), Newington
The University of Connecticut Health Center Auxiliary Thrift Shop
270 Park Road, West Hartford
Charities of Hope Boutique
770 Wethersfield Ave., Hartford
You can read up on this great organization HERE.
Favarh Thrift Shop
250 Albany Turnpike, Canton
Remember with back to school shopping in full swing, thrift shops are great places to help you stretch your dollars. Or as you weed out all your outgrown summer clothes, think of your local thrift store to donate to.
Are you a thrifter? Where do you shop?