What does 2017 hold in store for you?
My wish for everyone in the New Year is that we begin to spend more of our resources focusing on ourselves and not so much on our stuff and possessions. I believe that we are all worth the investment to get organized.
Here are 11 ways to get you started:
1. Clean out a closet.
2. Weed out your attic / basement / garage / shed.
3. Help a friend organize a space in their home.
4. Write down WHY you want to get organized.
5. Create a vision board about a life more organized.
6. Purge items out of your wardrobe each season.
7. Go to bed 20 minutes earlier each night.
8. Unsubscribe from email lists.
9. Pare down your Facebook friends.
10. Donate a piece of unused/unloved furniture to your local Goodwill.
11. Make, don't buy, a birthday gift for a friend.
We easily spend our time and money on purchases for immediate gratification with little or nothing to show for it. If you could admit that you're worthy of something bigger, how would you spend your resources over the next 12 months?
Only you know the best ways to invest in yourself so create your own list or add to the one above.
If you're feeling too overwhelmed to come up with your own list or want something ready made, I suggest the following:
The 30-day Minimalism Game
A Bowl Full Of Lemons 2017 Home Organization Challenge
Project 333 Minimalist Fashion Challenge
A Year of Growing, Glowing and Going by Lost in the Found
Clean and Scentsible's Household Organization Diet 2017
Becoming Minimalist's Get Uncluttered in 2017
The above challenges and monthly guides are great ways to get you connected with a community of like-minded people. Collaborating with others through social media is a great way to boost accountability and receive validation and encouragement in the process.
Make 2017 the year to focus on self and NOT stuff!